CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Tatum's 1st Day of Kindergarten...

Well, my baby is at Kindergarten!!! All day long!!! She was so excited to start school full time. After a very long night, at 4am this morning, I was not sure we were going to make it there today! She woke up at 11pm, last night throwing up a little. Then woke up again at 1:30am, with probably one of the scariest croup episodes I have seen in at least 3 years. We gave her a breathing treatment, some steroid meds, and a sat with her in a steamy bathroom. At 4am, I was still panicking, woke Richard up to ask him if he thought we should take her to the ER. He, being cool, calm, and collected...(maybe he is trained to be that way??) said that she was not struggling to breath as hard anymore, and was just stuffed up. After searching around on the Internet to see what else I could do for her, and if I could give her a second treatment before 24 hours, I decided to call the after-hours nurse. She called me back at 4:40am, and ended up being able to call me in a prescription for another breathing treatment we use to give her. We let Tatum sleep, and decided to go get the prescription when the alarm went off this morning. Tatum woke up to the alarm in our bed, and said "I feel better mom!!" Thank GOD! I was really upset, thinking that she was going to be sick for her first day of school, and not get to go. So, Richard went and got the medicine, we gave her another treatment after her breakfast, and took her to school...with only a runny nose to show for it!! She will probably definitely sleep at nap time in school today!

When we got to school, Nana met us, and walked in with us. We found her cubby, put her backpack away, then began the search for Tatum's name tag on the table. She found her spot and began to play nicely at the table, waiting for class to start! She was all smiles...and a little runny nose!! We all gave her kisses, and told her good-bye! She waved us on, and out we went. A little teary eyed...me and Nana, not Tatum! Richard and I took Nana down to see the Gym, Cafeteria, and Library, then we left the building. 8:45am-3:45pm, seems like a long day, maybe for me, but I know that Tatum is having a BLAST!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

yeah! ben didn't shed a tear either, but i did and i wasn't even there!!! such big kids; so sorry she didn't sleep last night. today sounds like a nap for mommy day!

Jake and Nicole said...

She looked so cute and so grown up!!! I can't believe it! I'm glad this morning turned out ok!