CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Day at the Zoo...







We went to the Dallas Zoo yesterday. Tatum was out of school for Fair Day, so we decided to take her down there. We are members, so it make for a nice, inexpensive day! She loves to see all the animals! The giraffe was her favorite today! She usually loves the Elephants! This first picture is a picture that I take of her every time we go to the zoo. It all started years ago when Shelby was little and we took a picture of her sitting in this baby elephants lap. So, to carry on the tradition, I started doing this with Tatum the very first time we took her to the zoo. We have several of these pictures, starting from when she was maybe 10 months old. The pictures we have of her in the baby elephants lap are some of my very favorite pictures of her! I love to see how much she grows between trips to the zoo!



The Gorilla's were really cool this trip. Usually they are just laying around, sometimes where we can't even see them. Yesterday, they were pretty active. This one, in the picture, was right next to the glass. We were so close to him. He is huge, and it is really amazing how human like they really are! His eyes really freak me out! Looks like a man, in a costume! Tatum was not quite sure about him. I think we were a little too close for her fancy!



Here is Tatum's little brother...not really, but I love this picture. I think it is so funny! The zoo has so many fun statues. I always like to take her pictures with them. Not sure why, it's just something that I do every time we go! Tatum loves to get on the computer and see all her pictures with the funny animals at the zoo. She likes to tell me all about them, and what she saw them doing that day!

This last picture is of "My Two Monkeys," watching a mama monkey and her baby! They were so cute! A little baby Columbus Monkey and his mommy and even his daddy playing around right near the fence. We stopped and watch them for a while! Tatum thought he was so cute! And I just had to capture this picture of the two of them watching so intently! So, our day was fun! Hot, but exciting. There was a lot of action at the zoo, that we don't always get to see! Tatum has already asked me if we were going back to the zoo today! I told her not today, so she asked if we were going tomorrow!! I can't wait until the weather cools down and we really can go more often!

0 comments: