CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

WHAT was she thinking...

My newly 5 year old decided to act like a 2 year old tonight and CUT her own hair. I walked into the living room tonight to find her sitting on the chair watching TV, calmly cutting off the hair on the side of her head. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING??? I am in total shock. It's not even funny to me. We already have issues with the slow rate her hair grows, now she will be going to kindergarten in a month and a half with a bald spot in the back of her head. When we took her into the bathroom to show her what she had done, I then noticed that she cut all her bangs off to. I could cry right now! The back of her head looks like we took the clippers I use to cut Richard's hair, and buzzed a spot on her. How can she even get scissors to do that? My mom asked me if I was going to keep that hair she cut. WHAT? No, I never want to think about this day again!!!
This picture of the back of her head doesn't even do it justice. It looks WAY worse in real life!
I know this picture is gross, a pile of hair. But, I wanted to show you how much she actually cut off. We probably didn't even get it all from down beside the chair cushion! I am in total shock right about now....but I am sure I will get over it!!! She will NEVER play with scissors again!!! THANK GOODNESS it was AFTER her birthday party pictures!!

3 comments:

Jake and Nicole said...

OH my!!!! I'm sad for you! I'm sure this happens to everyone but the fact that she has slow hair growth doesn't make it better!!! I'm sorry!!!!!!!!

Heather M said...

OMG! What are you going to do now? Do you trim all of her hair to match, or do the comb over thing? Why do they do that anyway?

Lindsey said...

so sorry! that's happened to both of my kids and neither time was it the least bit funny! good luck combing over!!!