CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Playground Disaster....



My poor baby!! So, I got a phone call yesterday from Tatum's school Nurse. She had only been at school for maybe 45 minutes, had fallen off the playground and bit the inside of her cheek. She had a hole the size of a pencil eraser inside her mouth. Poor thing! Her cheek was bruised a little bit on the outside too! The nurse said it was bleeding, and Tatum would not let her put any ice on it! Not to my surprise, she never lets me put ice on her boo-boo's. So, I sent Richard up to school to check on her, and bring her home if she wanted. Once he got up to school, she was already back in her classroom. They brought her back up to the office (not crying), and as soon as she saw Richard, the tears returned!!! She is so dramatic! So, she of course wanted to come home. I checked out the hole in her cheek, oh my gosh!!! I really wasn't expecting that! I called my friend Amber, who works at Tatum's dentist office. She made me an appointment for 4pm, so we could check and make sure no teeth were loose from the impact of whatever she hit it on! For those of you who remember, when Tatum was starting school, back in August 2006, my one Fear/Concern was her playing on that huge playground! It was so big, and there were some big 5 year olds that played out there at the same time she would! Richard was embarrassed, but I did cry to her teachers, begging them to watch my baby on the playground. 1 1\2 years later, my fear became a reality. I know, I am so lucky that she didn't break any bones, or do something worse, but something still happened to my baby!!
So, everything checked out fine at the dentist, he said that it would swell more, and boy was he right about that! The first picture is of this morning. She woke up with a stiff neck and a swollen cheek, she was not comfortable. I gave her some Tylenol and sent her to school anyway! She is having a hard time eating, so we are having to stick with soft foods! I tried to take a picture of the inside of her mouth, but it is a little blurry. You can kinda see the dark hole.
And the other picture is the initial bruise we saw when she got home from school! I wasn't expecting it to be quite this bad this morning! She keeps asking me for a band-aide. Where exactly does she expect me to put a band-aide, inside her mouth???

1 comments:

Jake and Nicole said...

Playground, whatever! We know you abuse your child! ;) Poor baby:( I hope she feels better soon, eating is what some of us live for!!