CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

CraigsList...My new Best Friend...

Yesterday while working in the backyard, I told Richard that I thought we could sell Tatum's playset on Craigslist for $100. He told me "No Way, nobody would pay $100 for a used playset." Well, I woke up at 2:30am thinking about this last night. I got up and started looking on Craigslist to see if anyone else had something similar on there. There were a couple, priced around $75-$100. I couldn't wait for the sun to rise, so I could get out there and take a couple of pictures and post it on Craigslist. I got up, took Tatum to school, then went out back, took 2 pictures, and posted them with a $100 price tag on Craigslist at 9:30 this morning. By 9:37, I had 2 emails inquiring about the playset. By 10:20, I had to take the post down because of the overwhelming response I was getting on this. I had 32 hits all together from people wanting it. I had people willing to come from Oklahoma to pick it up, another lady offered me $125.00 without even knowing I was getting so many inquiries! I was SHOCKED!! I picked the 2nd person who offered full price for it. She is coming today to pick it up. I wish I had waited longer to commit, no telling how much someone might have offered me! I had Richard take it down and put it in the garage before he left for work. When I went to pick Tatum up, I had to break the news to her that we were selling her playset. I realized after selling it, that she does still play on it sometimes. I told her that we sold it so we could get her something really cool for her birthday! She was OK with that! Since selling the playset this morning, I have posted another ad on Craigslist to sell my Lamps! Let's hope I get as much response as I did this morning!!!

0 comments: